Subjek + was/were + keterangan tempat
- I am at school now.
- You are in class at present.
- Supriyadi is healthy now.
- Supriyadi is in the kitchen now.
- I was at home an hour ago.
- You were in the yard just now.
- He was sick yesterday.
- Supriyadi was in her room this morning.
- It was in the garden last night.
- You and I are in class now.
- The children are in the field at present.
- They are here now.
- We are at home now.
- The tourists are in a hotel now.
- You and I were at home just now.
- The children were in town the day before yesterday.
- They were in Semarang yesterday.
- We were in town this morning.
- They were on the beach yesterday.
Bentuk negative (-) dan bentuk interrogative (?)
Yes, they were./Yes, there where in the garden yesterday.
No, they weren’t./ No, they wern’t in the garden yesterday.
Penggunaan kata tanya: Where-who-what-when
1. Where was your father last week?
He was in Semarang
2. Where were the children yesterday?
At ‘Gembira Loka’ Zoo.
They were at ‘Gembira Loka’ Zoo.
3. Who was/were at the bookshop this morning?
Supriyadi was the bookshop this morning.
4. What was/were on the table just now?
Some books were.
Some books were on the table just now.
5. When was your father in Semarang?
He was in Semarang last week.